Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infinite Treasures Thread

edited July 2006 in General
Cultural curiosities, obscurities, absurdities, and other little treasures of the tubes. Entertaining entities for the ADD. Diminutive distractions on a diet.*

Share your infinite treasures:
Title
Description, or image,
or quote
link
Submit!

* Alliteration not required. Neither is formatting, really. Go nuts.

Comments

• Kids in the Hall - Sausages
    A mock film-school short about a factory worker and his senile father. Very weird, very funny.
    7:04 minutes.
    Sausages (YouTube)
  • 4th trimester abortion performed with MS Paint
    posted on Craigslist:
    Looking for the RIGHT GUY - 25
    Is there such a thing? You tell me! Im looking for someone to spend my free time with. Im not sure what to tell you about myself, but i like many things and those i dont like... i dislike... so why not buck up... send me an email with a pic (since i am the few and far between that post a pic) and we will take it from there.

Please NO phycos!

talk to you soon!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Psycho4Non-phsycho
  • BrainMaps.org is an interactive zoomable high-resolution digital brain atlas and virtual microscope that is based on more than 10 million megapixels of scanned images of serial sections of both primate and non-primate brains...
    Brain MapsBrain Maps
  • While My Ukulele Gently Weeps, by Jake Shimabukuro
    Guy plays Beatles song on the Ukulele, and it's utterly amazing.
    Watch it here.
  • That was beautiful Dr.Orphusi...

Thanks

Reminded me a lot of Stanley Jordan and his finger plucking guitar method. Don't know him? Try this:

Eleanor Rigby: Long & Short clips
  • edited July 2006
    George Harrison sings the Pirate Song:
    YouTube 2:55 minutes
  • edited July 2006
    Reasons why Jesus was a jerk...

This one is definitely my favourite. Reads like a scene straight out of The Family Guy:
    In Mark 11:12-14 we find another emotional reaction:

"The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.
    Later we learn that the tree is dead.
    "

Let's see. The son of God is hungry. He approaches a fig tree. The tree is out of season and has no fruit. Jesus wants fruit. So he kills the tree. What a total jerk! Why didn't he wave his all-powerful hand and cause figs to appear? Or how about borrowing a raisin from someone and turning it into a 5,000 baskets of figs? Only a true jerk would kill something out of spite. - link
  • edited July 2006
    The eternal genius of Derek and Clive
  • edited July 2006
    N : Physics Sim Flash Game

N : Play as a ninja trapped in a world of well-meaning, inadvertantly homicidal robots. N has been described as reminiscent of lode runner — you're a little dude running around in a puzzle-y world inhabited by enemies. But in N, there's a twist: the ninja is driven not only by a thirst for gold, but also by a physics simulation. Death, which happens often, is quite animated.

Download here - Play online Flash version here

via Future Feeder
  • edited July 2006
    Thinking Machine 4 explores the invisible, elusive nature of thought. Play chess against a transparent intelligence, its evolving thought process visible on the board before you:

Thinking Machine 4

The artwork is an artificial intelligence program, ready to play chess with the viewer. If the viewer confronts the program, the computer's thought process is sketched on screen as it plays. A map is created from the traces of literally thousands of possible futures as the program tries to decide its best move. Those traces become a key to the invisible lines of force in the game as well as a window into the spirit of a thinking machine.
  • If I were the computer I'd rebel...stay in bed, only one possible future then.
    That reminds me! I had an insight into free will...the only choice possible, if you don't want to be miserable, is to choose to give up free will in favour of following the Tao or God's will or the way of heaven or what ever you want to call the ineffable ringmaster of this three ring circus. The freedom to choose service... made sense to me at the time...
  • The Lord of the Flies
  • edited September 2006
    Here's a funny/kooky site for your viewing pleasure, now if they can just get people to send a few DVD players to Africa... http://rewinddvds.googlepages.com
  • eBay Member Profile for andy46477
    User cruelty ( 78Feedback score is 50 to 99)
    Jun-30-99 19:11 Comment by andy46477:
    Ever pull the legs off a daddylongleg? Then what do you call it? Daddy?
    There's pages of wonderful nonsense from this guy.
    (From Reddit awhile back.)